Want to make The Ketchup and Mustard Cake? The recipe is below!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups mustard
- Yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven 350
- Prepare 2 (9 inch) springform cake pans and cover the bottoms with parchment.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Mix ketchup, water and food colouring in separate bowl until blended.
- Beat 3/4 cup butter and brown sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs, 1 at a time. Add flour mixture alternately with ketchup mixture, mixing well after each addition. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream your butter. Once smooth add mustard and mix for another 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time and food colouring until desired thickness and color.
- Ready, set, frost that ketchup cake!