Andy from The Princeton Club joined us again this morning for Motivation Monday to focus on your HEART! Not just because he was worried about Fat Tuesday, or thinking of Valentine's Day, but because February is Heart Disease Awareness Month. (You can listen to the segment below)
How do you KNOW if you have a healthy heart? Take your heart rate!
Use the tips of your first two fingers (not your thumb) to press lightly over the blood vessels on your wrist. Count your pulse for 10 seconds and multiply by 6 to find your beats per minute. You want to stay between 50 percent to 85 percent of your maximum heart rate. This range is your target heart rate
Trainer Erin shared, 3 things to do for your heart this month!
- Lifestyle (stop smoking, drink less alcohol, but more water and watch what you eat)
- Manage your stress!
- Get Active (Work up a sweat)
- Exercise together for a a Date night
- Get Competitive (like Tennis)
- Or, even do a fun Family activity like Sledding or Swimming